No perfect to-do, but maybe good-enough will be good enough

I am NOT satisfied with this system, but maybe it will allow me to keep functioning and GTD'ing until WebIS gets their toodledo sync done... (Of course, that still leaves the issue of offline access open)

Anyway, here's my tho'ts:

Keep with RTM. I don't like having a new folder for each project (I wouldn't mind if it could be created on the fly), but if I just do new folders for "major" projects (whatever that means) then that is do-able. What that means is I will have a few projects that have tags on my phone. The rest will look like one-off tasks even though they are part of a project, but I guess I can live with that. Maybe I'll add a "+misc" project name (in addition to their "real" project name) or something so they can be differentiated on my phone.

Then I will have a few smart searches saved for the rest of my tags that I need (na, thisweek, context, etc.). Actually, I will probably use saved searches for the projects as well.

BTW, if you haven't checked out this link on using tags and tag cloud for context/project/everything you really should. Add a couple separator "tags" and all of a sudden you have a great set of links in your cloud -- if it wasn't for the sync problems I would be very happy...

So I'm not satisfied but I'm going to stop looking for a while. (Maybe I can actually get something done rather than researching how to get something done... :-) ) (Oh, wait, has that joke been overdone in GTD posts? Oh, well...)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GTD revisited again (and again)

My PDA - Handera 330

Software